Helping TRIP

Donating Time

One of the many ways you can help TRIP is by donating your time. There are many different roles you could help with. 


Car Driver

Volunteers are needed to drive patients to appointments. These are usually to local surgeries and hospitals but can sometimes be further afield. A standard driving license is required and you will need to check that your insurance covers this type of driving. Mileage will be reimbursed at the HMRC rate. Drivers will be DBS (CRB) checked. Over-70s will require a medical certificate.

Minibus Driver

Volunteers are needed to supplement TRIP’s team of minibus drivers. This may be for cover during the week or for driving a minibus for weekend Ring & Ride outings. These go to places of interest around the area and partners are welcome to come too. Typical destinations would include Weston-Super-Mare, Torbay, Dorchester and Glastonbury. Full training will be given. The driving license requirement is D1 (included if a drivers license has been held from before 1997, or the necessary training can be arranged). Over-70s will require a medical certificate. 


TRIP Befriending is recruiting volunteers as Befrienders. Do you have an hour or two to spare on an occasional basis to visit someone for a chat and a cup of tea? You could also help by accompanying someone on outings and trips. 

in the office or the shop

Could you help TRIP on the phones? Or maybe serving in the shop? If you feel this may be for you, please call in to find out what it’s all about. 

Register Your Interest

Email Address

[email protected]

Call Us

01404 46529