Help us to help our community

TRIP is a Registered Charity. Keeping it working and providing services to older people, the disabled and rurally isolated in our area is an ongoing financial struggle. We are subsidised by various official groups and councils for providing our services, BUT, each year there is still a shortfall.

Ways you can help us

Online Shopping

When you shop online you can use to raise a donation for TRIP – at no cost yo you. Just register once and TRIP will benefit from every qualifying purchase you make  – it’s that simple. You can also ask your family and friends to sign up. 

Help with events

Do you have the odd spare hour or two? If so, how about helping to put on fundraising events? 

TRIP is always looking for more people to help organise events or to help at them. 

Do you think you could organise an annual garden fete, evening fundraising event, open day – or do you have good money-making ideas? If so please get in contact with us. 

Donate Used Items

TRIP welcomes any donations of any used equipment or supplies. Used wheelchairs, scooters, rollators and much more can be reconditioned and sold in our shop to ensure your used items get the best possible use and help reduce waste.

Additionally, if you agree, we can claim back gift aid on the value of the donated items. 

Make a Will

On a more sober note, have you considered legacy giving? 

If you name TRIP as a beneficiary in a will, not only does this reduce any inheritance tax liability, it also enables TRIP to benefit from other tax advantages making your gift even more meaningful. 

Make a donation

You can also make a donation to TRIP, for either general costs or a specific project. No matter how small the donation, it will help TRIP in its goal of serving the community. 

Gift Aid: If you are a tax payer then please gift aid your donation. It will give TRIP an extra £25 on top of your donation. Please ask for a Gift Aid form. 

Monthly Draw

Why not help us by joining our monthly draw? For £12 a year you are entered into the monthly draw with prizes of £25, £15 and £10 every month. 


Car Driver

Volunteers are needed to drive patients to appointments. These are usually to local surgeries and hospitals but can sometimes be further afield. A standard driving license is required and you will need to check that your insurance covers this type of driving. Mileage will be reimbursed at the HMRC rate. Drivers will be DBS (CRB) checked. Over-70s will require a medical certificate.

Minibus Driver

Volunteers are needed to supplement TRIP’s team of minibus drivers. This may be for cover during the week or for driving a minibus for weekend Ring & Ride outings. These go to places of interest around the area and partners are welcome to come too. Typical destinations would include Weston-Super-Mare, Torbay, Dorchester and Glastonbury. Full training will be given. The driving license requirement is D1 (included if a drivers license has been held from before 1997, or the necessary training can be arranged). Over-70s will require a medical certificate. 


TRIP Befriending is recruiting volunteers as Befrienders. Do you have an hour or two to spare on an occasional basis to visit someone for a chat and a cup of tea? You could also help by accompanying someone on outings and trips. 

in the office or the shop

Could you help TRIP on the phones? Or maybe serving in the shop? If you feel this may be for you, please call in to find out what it’s all about. 

Register Interest